Looking for the Best Headphones Under $50? Well, I have made this list of Great Budget Headphones. As we know, Headphones work as a great solution to boredom during traveling or you can use them when you are reading something or maybe working out. Well, the most faced dilemma by the people who love music is to choose between earphones and headphones.
Headphones are for the people who are not tired of carrying things separately during the journey or are too much into music. Headphones of good quality are always a little bit costly than the earphones. Even though the sound quality offered by the both is excellent and nearly same, it is always good to own headphones over earphones for the people who love music.
Best Headphones Under $50
While you are shopping for a good pair of headphones be it online or in an electronic store, you come across a wide range of them. This confuses your mind on whether it is really worth spending the money for the headphones of your choice.
Here’s a tip: Before going shopping for your favorite pair of headphones, make sure you do a thorough research online.
You choose which one will suit the best according to your needs. As the mention the specifications of the product, they make sure they provide the similar quality. So if you are thinking if it is really worth, trust your research and buy them.
Check: 14 Best Headphones Under 100 | Best Earbuds Under 50
Best Cheap Headphones
1. Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones
Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones are specifically designed to provide prime quality when it comes to the sound output. They are closed back dynamic headphones that are light in weight. These headphones hold key features that include a number of 18-18000 Hz of frequency response. Moreover, it is light in weight which makes it comfortable to carry around. If you are looking for extended sessions in listening, this would be the best for you. Being a flexible one, this is a flexible headband that is high in durability with a good reduction of ambient noise.
- Light in weight: This is a bigger advantage of these headsets. You will not find your bag heavy and that is certainly a gift for music lovers.
- Reasonable price: Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones comes under $50. It is probably the best over ear headphones under 50 dollars.
- Proper Care: Users need to take care of headphones every time they carry them with themselves.
Final Comment: These Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones are not only best in quality but also best in style. After all the benefits given is truly appreciable.
2. Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones
Bluedio T3 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are the third generation’s best headphones. Specifically, the sound clarity and the experience it provides to the user is what is best about these headphones. High definition sound quality is promised with super cool stylish looks.It contains an ultrathin tetanizing diaphragm. The aluminum voice coil present in it promises some more enhancements in the quality. Given its features, this is one of the best headphones so far in the third generation concepts.
These headphones provide best in quality and an amazing experience to the listener. The diaphragms and the voice coil play a major part in making these headphones rock in clarity and performance. The Bluetooth connectivity feature makes the work much easier when the user needs to listen to music, manage calls without having to touch their mobile phones. The 3-dimensional sound feature provides live experience, which is again an add-on.
- HDClarity: The users get to have the best of clarity when it comes to sound and a lively experience is guaranteed with this.
- Manufacturer’s warranty: The manufacturing warranty is one year that starts from its very day of purchase.
- Cable length: Users are expected to have their devices like mobile phones or tablets closer as these earphones hold shorter cables.
- Tight: As according to users’ review Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Users is a tight headphone and creates irritation for the user.
Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Headphones is a brilliant invention and prime quality headphones by Bluedio Company. Moreover, the price that is portrayed only stirs the eagerness to purchase it.
3. Bluedio T2 Plus Turbine Wireless Headphone
When it comes to Wireless Headphones, there is an array of options available on the market. Considering the best wireless headphones under 50, while the big names are already popular choices for the masses, there exist equally impressive ones like the Bluedio T2 Plus Turbine Bluetooth Headphones. Apart from being an affordable item, it also packs bold colors like red, white and black. It is also paired with an inbuilt mic, which can be used for calls. Due to an incorporation of the Bluetooth 4.1 version, it can be conveniently connected to a range of devices using different software.
The T2 Plus Turbine, despite being lightweight, is considerably sturdy in its build. The entire body is made of metal, which is padded over with a leather cover easy on the ears. The product is capable of rotating at 195 degrees, allowing comfort of use. One of the biggest attractions of this Bluetooth Headphone is the solid 57mm sound drivers fitted into the ear-cups. Apart from being fully compatible with Bluetooth, this Wireless headphone also comes with an AUX cable, which can be connected to a jack effortlessly.
Thus, for gamers, there is a choice of either connecting the headset via Bluetooth or the controller. Since it provides a superior surround sound, with individual sound clarity, they can be used for a booming Home Theatre experience. Its frequency ranges from 20 Hz to a whopping 20,000 Hz, promising magnificent sound quality.
The sound equalizer on the device can be tweaked according to the audio, allowing instrument separation, especially for Orchestra and Jazz pieces. This item is heavily packed with bass, which provides a good ‘thump’ to video games and movies. Since it is wireless, it does not prohibit portability. What’s more, these headphones can work up to 40 hours with a mere 20-minute battery charge only.
- Systematic Control Scheme: This device is tactfully designed to contain all functional buttons on the right ear-cup, including call, track skip, and volume control.
- Stable Fit and Design: The body adequately exerts pressure on the ear to give space for physical activities. Being a wireless headphone, it will not be pulled off by tangling of cables.
- Fine Build: The metal body provides durability to the frame, while the leather cushions save the gadget from easy wear and tear.
- Exceptional Restriction of Distortion: This model from Bluedio is absolutely promising for delivering minimal levels of distortion, even at 100 dB SPL.
- Reasonable Price: For all that it offers, the Bluedio T2 Plus Turbine is one of the best when it comes to Headphones.
- Poor Noise Cancellation: Unfortunately, the noise canceling technique of this model does not live up to its claim and only blocks noise passively.
- LowTrebles: The trebles delivered in the 5KHz range are unsatisfactory which leads to muffled clarity of lead vocals at times.
- Overshadowing Bass: While the Bass levels can be adjusted, the usual settings of the bass are quite heavy, often muddling the mid-tones and trebles in the process.
Although you might have to work significantly on the equalizer, the Bluedio T2 Plus Turbine Headphones are appropriate for heavy bass listeners. With its sleek premier design and low leakage of sound, they can also be a good accompaniment at the studio.
Check: Best Headphone Amp Under 100 | Best Earbuds Under 100
4. Monoprice 108323 Premium Hi-Fi DJ Headphone
Spin the best tunes with the best inexpensive headphones from Monoprice, the 108323 Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone. For the professional musicians, the casual music lovers, and every layman, these are a pair of powerful headphones available at affordable prices. Enjoy the best music anywhere in any style with the makeshift speaker quality of these headphones. Get some of the best features you can get in a speaker.
With the Monoprice 108323 headphones, you get to keep all the noise except your music outside your ears. It comes with thick padding providing comfort to the ears. The headphones are long enough to maintain better contact with ears. There is 3.5 mm jack in the bottom for inserting the earpiece. There is flexible ear plug with rubber padding on the inside as well. They have excellent durability and offer good quality sound. You get a thick and thin cable for professional and personal uses. The hardcore music lovers and the professionals will get the best worth for their money.
- Strong midrange: The headphones have a full – bodied midrange for excellent and powerful music quality.
- Great sound isolation: These are some superb pair of sound speakers which isolate the surrounding music for great music.
- Detachable cable: You can detach or attach the cables anytime you wish. The facility of two cables makes it all the better.
- Flexible headband: The headband portion is large and adjustable and offers a good range for pivoting according to your requirement.
- Leather padding discomfort: The tight leather padding on the headphones causes discomfiture after about 15 minutes of use.
- Tight headband fitting: The headband appears to be very rigid even after continuous use making them firm for the regular use.
- No headphone case: It does not come with a separate case to put in the headphones when not in use.
Final comment: Overall, Monoprice 108323 Premium Headphone are one of the best deals in the market today. Grab them to enjoy high-quality music with proper sound quality and comfortable speaker setting.
5. Sound Intone CX-05 Noise Isolating Headphones
The stylish and futuristic Sound Intone CX-05 Noise Isolating Headphones are one of the Best Cheap Headphones today. These are a set of quality music producing speakers with amazing durability, corrosion resistance, and lightweight body. Refresh yourself or produce bombastic music with the comfort of these wonderful headphones. One of the greatest features of the Sound Intone CX-05 is its noise – separating quality.
Now, you can hear the music sounds in their best versions with all the intricacies and no surrounding noises. They come with a zinc alloy set of the headband which offers good durability. They are sturdy in design with their head beam coated with a fabric layer. The PET nylon audio cable feature gives fine audio spread. The design is adjustable for all ear shapes and sizes. You also get a remote facility for controlling your music play anytime.
- Metal and foldable design: The zinc alloy metal design for these speakers is an amazing feature of this speaker. They are foldable and offer great durability after any amount of folding.
- Soft earmuffs: The protein leather muffs provide the amazing comfort quality with the fabric technology for more durability.
- Nylon cable: The 3.5 mm gold-plated cable guarantees perfect sound without any outside disturbance.
- Smart remote button: You can answer your phone or do anything else while play and pause your music with the smart remote button.
- Snagging wire: It is a common problem that the wire will get severed after continuous use.
- Non – adjustable ear cups: The earmuffs are not even slightly pivoting which make it difficult to adjust different angles for listening.
Get an incredible music experience with the Sound Intone CX-05 Noise Isolating Headphones. Hear the intricacies of sound, wear the comfort of a headphone, and enjoy the musical joy with these amazing pair of headphones. The earmuffs may be a bit troublesome but on the whole, you get a great quality.
6. Koss UR-20 Home Headphones
Koss UR-20 Home Headphones is a Really Good Cheap Headphones developed by Koss Company. It also has High definition 4K sound quality. It has neodymium rare earth magnet and a 16-micron mylar element along with noise cancellation feature that provides best audio experience to the listener.
Koss UR-20 Home Headphones has many features one of such is HD sound quality from its speakers. These provide us with clarity in sound with a rich bass. The clarity is obviously 4K HD and the inbuilt woofers are two in number that only adds up to its positive notes. Koss UR-20 Home Headphones are available in black color and gray combination such contrasting and elegant colors make headphones look stylish and cool.
- High definition sound quality: The users will be able to enjoy High Definition 4K quality sound after purchasing Koss UR-20 Home Headphone.
- Additional Bass Feature Koss UR-20 Home Headphones has an extra bass pro that gives a whole new level audio experience to the listeners.
- Affordable price: Koss UR-20 is the Best Cheap Headphones.
- Fragile: Koss UR-20 Home Headphones are fragile. Furthermore, users are expected to take care of headphones during travel.
- Short in length connecting cable Koss UR-20 Home Headphones has a short connecting cable. So, having your device like mobile or tablet is mandatory.
Overall, the company provides some super cool headphones of some affordable price. What is the catch? The quality is never compromised when it comes to Koss. Given its cost and quality, it is definitely one of the good headphones under 50 dollars.
7. Skullcandy Hesh 2 Over-Ear Headphones
Skullcandy is a very well-known brand when it comes to headphones. They have been providing best noise canceling headphones under 50. The Skullcandy Hesh 2 Over-ear headphone with Mic black is also one of the brilliant products by Skullcandy. The headphones are sporty with a trendy design and are definitely for all the music lovers out there. These headphones are stylish and the variety of colors and patterns available in these headphones is what makes these headphones suitable for all. This accessory is supported by most of the devices and is definitely worth the price.
The most important feature of the Skullcandy Hesh is that it is available in a variety of colors. They even provide headphones in the various football teams logo. These headphones feature a padded headband which provides a comfortable fitting. The most important feature of Skullcandy Hesh is that it comes with detachable cables which are about 1.2 meters long. This provides comfort in carrying the headphones.
Most of the times headphones face problems because of the cable and the entire headphone needs to be replaced. By using Skullcandy Hesh you can replace the cable and your headphone is good to go. These headphones feature a frequency response which ranges from 18Hz- 20Hz. The rating of the True Harmonic Destruction is less than 0.1 % which makes the headphones a high-end.
- Detachable cable: The Skullcandy Hesh comes with a detachable cable which is very comfortable to use and also easy to carry.
- Sound Clarity: The sound clarity provided by these headphones is excellent. Bass can truly experience by using these headphones.
- Microphone: The Skullcandy headphone comes with an inline microphone which is really useful for mobile phones.
- Bad Quality Microphone: The quality of the microphone is not that good and it provides poor voice clarity while talking on the phone.
- Noise cancellation: The noise cancellation is not that effective in these headphones and one can still hear ambient noises in the background.
The Skullcandy Hesh 2 Over-ear headphone with Mic black is a very great accessory if you want to enjoy music and gaming. These headphones provide great features and also awesome sound quality. However, if you are looking forward to a headphone with a great mic then this accessory is definitely not for you.
8. Behringer HPX2000 Headphones
The Behringer HPX2000 Headphones are one of the professional and the best budget over-ear headphones which you can find. These headphones are recommended for DJs as they provide excellent voice and music quality along with a great music experience. The Behringer HPX2000 comes at a decent price and thus is not very heavy in the pocket. These headphones provide a very high-efficiency performance and hence are perfect for listening to music. If you are working as a DJ, these headphones will provide you with professional quality at a decent price.
The Behringer HPX2000 has amazing features. These headphones feature a wide range of frequency response. These headphones are very comfortable to wear and fit every head size perfectly. The cable of these headphones are also made from high-quality copper wires and do not get damaged making these headphones durable. The ear cups of these headphones are very stylish and look really nice once you wear it. The color choice available is limited as these headphones come in only silver and black color.
- Bass: The bass provided by the headphones is of very great quality as the Behringer HPX2000 headphones provide high-definition bass.
- Comfortable fit: The fitting of the headphones is really very comfortable which provide you with utmost comfort. The rotating ear cups also give a great fit.
- Warranty: The Behringer HPX2000 come with a three-year warranty and thus the customer is assured for three years as they can get their headphones replaced if at all any technical difficulties arise.
- Isolation: The sound isolation which is also known as noise cancellation is not that good for the Behringer HPX2000. The noise cancellation is not that effective and you can be disturbed by the background noises. This is the only con of these headphones.
The Behringer HPX2000 headphones are very good headphones which you can get at such a budget price. With great quality in voice and bass and also with a comfortable fit the Behringer HPX2000 are definitely a must have.
9. Behringer HPM1000 Multi-Purpose Headphones
If you are looking for cheap headphones with quality then the Behringer HPM1000 Multi-Purpose Headphones are definitely made for you. They are available at a very reasonable price and also provide great quality. These headphones are great for listening to music and also for using them professionally. Many customers also use these headphones for professional purposes and they love the quality of sound and also the features offered by the headphones. Considering the price of the Behringer HPM1000 Multi-Purpose Headphones
They offer really good features which even expensive headphones fail to offer. These headphones come with a very good sound quality and also provide a great bass range. The headphones offer a medium sensitivity range. The headphones are compatible with smartphones as well as computers and laptops which make the headphones multipurpose and can be used for various purposes. However, these headphones do not adaptable to music players and I-pods which are small in size. The weight of these headphones is very light and they are really comfortable to wear.
- Affordable Price: The Behringer HPM1000 Multi-Purpose Headphones come at a really affordable price which can be afforded by one and all. These headphones provide the best features with the lowest price.
- Bass: Another plus point of these headphones is that they provide a very good bass and give one of the best music experiences. These headphones are definitely a must buy for rock and hip-hop lovers.
- Material: The material of the headphones can definitely be improved as the headphones are made from basic plastic which is flimsy and not at all durable. One needs to be really careful with these headphones.
- Sound Quality: The sound quality offered by the Behringer HPM1000 Multi-Purpose Headphones is pretty basic and can definitely be improved.
The Behringer HPM1000 Multi-Purpose Headphones satisfy much more than the basic requirements from headphones and that too at a reasonable price. The headphones offer great features which totally fulfill the requirement of the music lovers.
Best On-Ear Headphones Under $50
1. Yamaha HPH-50B Compact Closed-Back Headphones
Yamaha HPH-50B is the latest and best over-ear headphone. It is an affordable over-ear headphone by Yamaha. It’s a flexible design with the matte black finish makes it high quality looking sound bar. Moreover, its sleek design adds up to its attractiveness. Its main objective is to maximize the excellence of listening experience, while listening music, watching movies and much more. Users recommend Yamaha HPH-50B Headphones for its excellent bass and voice, good surround effect, and crystal clear HD audio.
It consists of surround sound feature. It maximizes the quality of experience of listening music, watching movies through surround sound feature. It is the best over ear headphone for music. Yamaha HPH-50B Closed-Back Headphones provides best in class High Definition quality sound to the listener. It makes the user believe that they are actually living the musical event at the time. It is best In-Ear Headphones by Yamaha. Moreover, memory foam ear tips enhance noise cancellation for a greater audio experience to listeners.
- Comes with 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Reasonable price: Yamaha HPH-50B is a reasonably priced.
- Extra Care: HPH-50B are fragile and require extra care when the user carries them with themselves.
Yamaha HPH-50B Compact Closed-Back Headphones are the stylish and best quality over ear headphones that provide HD-quality audio experience to listeners, manufactured by Yamaha Company. Moreover, its affordable price of $30 enhances its worth of buying.
2. Koss PortaPro Headphones
The Koss Portapro Headphones with Case will definitely get you nostalgic as the design of the headphones is retro like it was in the 80s. These headphones were also released earlier by Koss in the year 1984 which had the same design. This design was so much popular that Koss has not made a single change in the headphones even after 23 years! This is the reason these headphones are hands down the best headphones under 50 bucks. These headphones are pure quality with class.
The headphones are very light in weight and thus are a comfortable fit. The headphones come in three mechanical settings which enable the user to adjust the headphones for a comfortable fit which is totally tension free. The quality of the voice is still constant even at the highest possible volume. The sonic realism is well maintained in the headphones which make each and every sound used in the instrument clear and distinct.
- Sound Quality: The sound quality of these headphones is amazing and is provides great sound quality is such a decent price.
- Frequency: The Koss Portapro Headphones provide a great frequency of voice. It ranges from 15 to 25000 Hz.
- Lifetime Warranty: These headphones come with a lifetime warranty! Koss replaces your headphones if you come across any normal technical issues that too as long as you have these headphones.
- Uncomfortable Fitting: The headphones are sure feather light, but due to the design, they may not be comfortable for everyone. People with longer hair have to struggle a lot with them as they get stuck in the hair which even causes hair to break at times.
- Sound Leakage: The sound quality is definitely good and there is no doubt about it, but the sound leaks when the volume is turned up to full level.
Overall the Koss Portapro Headphones are really a great pair of headphones which totally justify the proverb of old is gold. The vintage design can be a bit of problem but not so problematic as to not buy the headphones.
3. Sony MDRZX110NC Noise Cancelling Headphones
One of the most reasonable yet high-performance stereo headphones from Sony, the MDRZX110NC Noise Cancelling Headphones have an impressive audio output with minimal sound leakage. This ‘on-ear’ type of headphones come paired with 30mm dome drivers and neodymium magnets on a closed-back enclosure. The MDRZX110NC Stereo Headphones are capable of producing frequencies up to 22,000 Hz with 115 mW sensitivity in Active Noise Cancellation mode and a lower sensitivity of 110 mW in a passive mode.
The Sony MDRZX110NC has a sleek black matte appearance and is fairly lightweight. Due to this feature, the headband goes on easy without releasing pressure on the ears. These headphones score high when it comes to portability as they can be easily packed up in a compacted manner and carried around without much hassle. This model from Sony fares well in sound separation and reproduction. Instruments and vocals are produced with a distinct clarity.
Even for its reasonable pricing, it restricts sound leakage effectively, while simultaneously reducing noise up to 95%. Plus, the product offers long-lasting battery life, which can go up to two days’ worth of continuous use. Although the model is not equipped with a ‘battery saver’ option, it can still be used in the ‘Passive’ mode. The box also contains a flat Y-type cable, which keeps it from forming tangles.
- Active Noise Cancellation: Successful in decreasing ambient noise by up to 13 dB or 95%. Can be easily switched on by clicking a mounted button on the ear-cup.
- Impressive Battery Life: The MDRZX110NC can function up to 80 hours with AAA LR03 alkaline batteries or 40 hours using an R03 Manganese battery.
- Neodymium Magnets: The Dynamic Dome Drivers are complemented with Neodymium Magnets which supply 300 kJ/Cubic meter force.
- Minimal Harmonic Distortion: Even when tested at 90 dB, the distortion level of the Sony MDRZX110NC Headphones remains substantially low, which also remain in strict limits thereafter.
- UnstableFit: The fit of the headgear is quite unstable, having a high possibility of slipping off during vigorous activities
- Limited Bass Output: Listeners of Rock and Roll would be especially disappointed with this product as it produces very little low bass, thereby lacking the ‘thumps’ and ‘rumbles’ of an audio.
- No Wireless option: The Sony MDRZX110NC Stereo Headphones, unfortunately, do not offer Wireless options, which can be inconvenient at times.
Overall, the Sony MDRZX110NC generates decent sound reproduction, appropriate for critical listening. Although the build does not feel durable enough for continuous studio use, for studio recording amateurs, this product seems very well suited, providing good vocal and instrumental sound separation and limited sound leakage.
Best Budget Headphones Buying Guide
Choose the type
There are various types of headphones available online. They are divided into categories such as over-the-ear and on-ear. Even these are further divided into open-backed and closed backs. Open backed headphones sound more like the music playing in the surrounding. Whereas, closed back feel more like music playing in your head. The people have to be discreet about the choice before they buy. On-the-ear doesn’t really give a feeling of music playing in your head. It is like a mild music playing in the background.
Look for the frequency range
It is often known that the music sounds best when the frequency is within the range of 10 Hz to 25 kHz. Look for the frequency curve while buying the headphones. The ones below 50 USD will have a U curve which means that the mind is cut out. You won’t really be able to differentiate between different layers of music. So, unless you are a professional you won’t have to look for better ranges.
Don’t look for noise cancellation
When you are spending less than $50 you would not want to look for the noise cancellation features. Generally, the brands don’t offer it at a lower priced products. There is a promised feature, there would be some amount of noise in the surrounding canceled but it will not really give what you want. So, if you are sticking to your budget, it is okay not to have a 100% noise canceling device.