Almost each one amongst us must be familiar with headphones. They have made our life simple in lot many ways. On the one hand, they come extremely handy in answering phone calls while our hands are engaged somewhere else. And on the contrary, they may provide an ultimate stock of entertainment without disturbing others. You can live in your entertainment world, without letting anyone raise an eye on you for creating unnecessary noise.
However, much great these handy devices might be, but buying them is no small deal. To get worth out of your money, there are some important points that you must pay heed to before buying headphones. This guide would help you in making an informed decision before buying a pair for yourself.
Best Headphones Under $100
The first most priority is the comfort, select a local store that lets you try different headphones of your choice. Judge them by wearing for several minutes, they should be comfortable to wear and must not poke your ear in any way.
After which you may try it with various kinds of music to check its sound clarity and bass response. You may listen to different genres of music to get assured of its sound quality
Apart from these important attributes, checking on durability and warranty also is paramount. Even after all these attempts if you can’t judge what to buy, you may always read online reviews for best headphones. People give out reviews considering various aspects like budget; showing best headphones under 100, quality, comfort, etc. you can always go on word-of-mouth and make your choice of headphones.
Best Headphones Reviews 2017
On judging the requirement well before buying, now is the time for you to dwell into major characteristics of headphones that must be taken care of before deciding on buying any type.
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones are best for monitoring anywhere either at home or any studio. It provides you superior sound isolation and comfortable ear cups, due to which your experience will be enhanced. It provides you 90 Swiveling Earcups which helps a lot in easy and one ear monitoring.
It comes with 40mm drivers which are very good, but the eye-catching point is it also provide drivers with earth magnets which are very rare in this range of headphones. They are designed for long usage and it is very comfortable even after 2-3 hours of usages.
- Awesome sound quality: Audio-Technica ATH-M40x gives awesome sound quality with 40 mm drivers and earth magnets.
- Comfortable: As already discussed this headphone is designed for long duration usage, It has very soft ear pads that fit very well to the ears and will not cause any pain in the ear even after using 4-5 hours.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M40x has 3 m straight detachable cables that avoid tangling, and it also had good folding capabilities which make it awesome for traveling usage.
- Affordable: This awesome headphone is one of the best over ear headphones under $100. So, it is affordable
- Earcups Swivel: In Audio-Technica ATH-M40x earcups only swivel to 90 degrees, but nowadays many headphones are providing 180 earcups swiveling.
- Lack of bass: Many users have complained about the bass quality of this headphone already.
Obviously, Audio-Technica ATH-M40x are not that much better, but it provides decent sound quality at a very reasonable price. The best part is they are providing detachable cable, 90 degrees swiveling, and very rare earth magnet at the very low range. Also, their copper clad aluminum wire gives you the enhanced experience of music and make best headphones under $100.
2. CB3 HUSH [Best Bluetooth Headphones Under 100]
CB3 HUSH Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are best for noise canceling. If you are a tourist or you travel on subways regularly, then you must be looking for a headphone that is good at noise cancellation and CB3 HUSH headphone is the one you are looking for. CB3 HUSH uses Built-in microphone for Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) that detects the outside sound and produce their sound wave to negotiate the outside noise.
CB3 HUSH Wireless Bluetooth Headphones come with 40 mm stereo drivers with the frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz. It provides Bluetooth version 4.0 for the wireless usage with the Bluetooth range of 15 feet. It takes less than 2.5 hours to charge fully and give longer lasting battery backup.
- Padding on earpad and headband allows the user to use headphones for maximum duration without any discomfort.
- Flexible: CB3 HUSH can be folded through hinges and it is very flexible if anyone needs to pack it for traveling.
- Maximum playback time: It gives you almost 15 hours of playback time when fully charged which is sufficient for any journey.
- Perfect noise cancellation: As already discussed it provide active noise cancellation (ANC). So it is perfect for those peoples who travel on subways regularly
- Connectivity issue: Some users faced the connectivity issue when they tried to connect CB3 HUSH with their device. So, it has connectivity issue with some devices (Not with every device)
- No manual provided: There is no any user manual is provided with this headphone. SO, you may face few problems initially
Nothing is perfect in this world, every device had pros and cons. Now you are familiar with all the pros and cons of CB3 HUSH Wireless Bluetooth Headphone and you can easily sense that this headphone has everything that a music lover wants. In CB3 HUSH right ear cup contains three buttons which can perform multi-functions directly like controlling music, making or receiving phone calls, etc. It is one of the best over the ear Headphone.
The AKG K240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones come with amazing features like removable cable and modern Varimotion technology which enhances the bass response. These headphones have a wonderful design which is integrated semi-open-air and thus it incorporates a very precise dynamic transducer. An acoustically tuned venting structure which is situated just behind the element enables to produce a naturally open sound quality.
The circum-aural or in simple words around the ear pads are designed in such a way that you can wear them for hours and still be comfortable. The AKG K240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones have a steel-cable and also the headband construction is efficient as it is self-adjusting. Another important feature of these headphones is the single-sided professional-quality audio interconnect. This feature ensures extended reliability when it comes to studio applications. These headphones have a 55-ohm impedance.
- Good Quality: The quality of these headphones is excellent. Considering the price of the headphones the quality is real good, and the customers are totally satisfied with these headphones.
- Comfortable: Comfort is very important when it comes to headphones. The AKG K240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones are very comfortable to use. These headphones provide the utmost comfort, and one can wear it for as long as possible. The padding of the headphones is very comfortable, and thus these can be used for work as well as for casual listening music.
- Durable: Buying the AKG K240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones are like making an investment as these headphones are durable. These headphones can be used for years together, and they won’t let you down.
- Sound Quality: The sound quality of these headphones is diminished when it comes to comparing it with the earlier version of these headphones.
The AKG K240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones are one of the best headphones, and they truly are worth investing. They are comfortable to wear and also are easy to use.
4. Marshall Major II [Best On-Ear Headphones Under 100]
These on-ear headphones can also be used as an accessory as they are that stylish as well as comfortable. These headphones have a unique design and can be utilized very easily. These headphones also come in various other colors and thus they are a must have a pair of headphones for all the music lovers out there. The headphones are a perfect fit with the leather padding. These headphones provide the best possible bass, and thus one can enjoy music to the fullest.
The features of the Marshall Major II On-Ear Headphones includes a convenient detachable cable which also has a microphone. There is also a one button remote available for the headphones, which can play and pause songs. The 40mm drivers of these headphones are handmade. The design of these headphones is very efficient and is completely collapsible. These headphones are sturdy and are made for everyday use. The Marshall Major II On-Ear Headphones also has buttons to control volume which is very affluent to use. These headphones also block all the noises in the background, giving you the best music experience.
- Build Quality: The quality of the headphones is excellent. They are very sturdy and the material used is not at all flimsy. The padding of the earphones is also good and extremely comfortable to use.
- Sound: The sound quality of these headphones is mind blowing, and you get the best possible listening experience. The bass of these headphones is very commendable, and you can enjoy the magic of beats on them.
- Design: No doubt the Marshall Major II On-Ear Headphones are stylish, but they are square in shape and hence don’t cover the full ears and only parts of it. This becomes annoying after a while.
The Marshall Major II On-Ear Headphones are worth buying as they are all about quality. The most important quality to look forward in headphones is the quality of music which is the best, and thus these headphones are perfect for listening to music for long hours. These headphones also have a trendy design, and thus they also happen to add to the style quotient.
This headphone is also one of the best headphones to buy if you love to sing music.There are various features of this headphone. This headphone can be connected with two phones simultaneously. This headphone is very nice for chatting and gaming. The sound quality of this Avantree Super Comfortable Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones is very nice. This headphone has a very nice feature of switching automatically between calls and music.
The sound quality and various features of these headphones make it best over ear headphones under 100.
- Weight and comfort: This headphone is very light in weight, and soft pads of this headphone make it comfortable to wear.
- Usability: This is very easy to use. It can be connected with a single tap.
- The quality Sound: The quality of the sound of this headphone is comparatively very superior, and this quality of it makes it a product that challenges other products in the market.
- Battery: The battery life of this headphone is very long which is about 40 hours.
- Mic: There is a need of improvement in the mic of these headphones.
- Headband: There is a requirement of the hard headband for this headphone.
Both of the headphones are worth buying. Buy one that completely suits your requirements. Both have some pros and cons; you need to decide which is best for you. Both are good ones at their levels.
Grado SR80e Prestige Series Headphones are the Grado’s third generation best on-ear headphones under 100 dollars manufactured by the company. Grado is a headphone manufacturer that is based in Brooklyn, where the headphones are still manufactured by hand. You can have any headphones in the range of thrice the range as that of Grado SR80e Prestige Series Headphones, and still, you won’t have the kind of mesmerizing sound quality that these headphones give you.
The Grado SR80e Prestige Series Headphones has a newly designed driver as well as a new polymer is used to reduce the resonant distortion in the plastic package. There is a new cable added from the plug to the driver connection. The elimination of the transient distortion is caused due to the new plastic housing thus allowing the signal flow over the new cables to reproduce the sound that has the improved and tight control of the upper as well as lower ranges of the frequency spectrum.
- Comfort: They are extremely comfortable. The top of the head does not get irritated with the headband
- Price: Probably the best headphones under 100 (2017). One can bet on it. There is no point in going for some other headphones which are extremely high prices as compared to Grado SR80e Prestige Series Headphones.
- Sound: These headphones are magnificent for rock, metal, pop, etc. For jazz, classical music and other kinds of low volume music these headphones the best feeling to the eardrums. Any audiophile might be happy to have them anytime.
- Padding: The padding could have been a lot better. Sometimes the feels of sound cancellation are not seen. Also if someone is using them while doing some moderate physical activity, they do slip off the ears. The padding should have been a bit better.
- The sound quality seems to degrade after a period. Some of the pieces have shown a decrease in the quality of the sound after use of a year or so.
- Earpiece swivel: The ear pieces swivel 360 degrees which could cause the ear piece to break. This is not acceptable as it might render it useless
It will be great to have these headphones. They are worth the cost and worth the purchase. One would never be sad after using these headphones and won’t regret buying them.
Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone have been favorite headphones for the recording engineers and sound professionals. They were originally introduced by Sony way back in the year 1991. The design is almost same as the Sony MDR-V6 that were brought into the market in 1985 and took on the market very fast. Sony MDR7506 is leaner with a more prominent treble range, which makes it little crisper and livelier to listen to songs on. As it has been in the market since 1991, there is no question about the durability.
The headphones weigh eight ounces which are a bit lighter than the average as compared to the similar range full sized headphones. The design almost more than half is made from plastic material only needed for the sake of cost cutting without causing any harm to the comfortability. The MDR-7506 blocks have their back closed which provides a good amount of external noise from going out, and no one nearby will hear many sounds escaping this headphone. If stretched out to the maximum, the cable is coiled and about 10 feet long which is connected to the left ear cup permanently. Although the coiled cords make them less suitable for using on a mobile.
- Price: It is really hard to find such good and decent headphones under 100 dollars. Headphones with the similar sound quality and specifications are generally thrice the price of Sony MDR7506 which make these headphones really cheap for those who love music but are low on budget.
- Natural sound: The sound seems a lot more natural than as compared to many of the headphones in the same price range. After all the whole point of buying the headphones is for the purpose of having great sound experience.
- Noise cancellation: Does a good job of canceling external noise, even though there is no active noise cancellation. The sound does not go out of the ear cap, so anyone sitting outside does not hear any sound.
- Good Fitting: This headphone is having a great fitting and is a thoughtful product having a consideration for all types of head shapes.
- Not for movers: If you are continuously doing any kind of physical activity, the headphones fall off even if there is a moderate jerk in the head. This makes it really hard to wear them on the go.
- Not for long listeners: If you want to listen for a long while, these are not the correct choice for you. The earpiece becomes hot after continuous use of more than 7-8 hours.
You can have these headphones if you really want some great sound cancellation and great sound quality clubbed with an extremely reasonable price.
Skullcandy Hesh 2 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones have hit the market with a mind blowing response. With no compromise on the sound quality, Skullcandy brings you the best version of Bluetooth wireless headphones. With the high-quality sound reduction, it is easy to carry and lightweight. It has a good bass range and solid upper range as well.
The Skullcandy headphones design the best kind at the cheapest price. It has low impedance and high sensitivity. Needs less power in comparison to other headphones in the same range. It is well compatible with all smartphones, mp3 devices, iPods, iPads, etc. It would not require an amplifier for better listening. It can produce a good range of pitches, this is possible by reading the frequency response of the headphones. Most of the music falling within 20-2000 kHz will be of premium quality. It has a low-end frequency response and closed operating principle.
This enables the headphones to contain strong bass and best for listening heavy metal, pop and rock music. It is made using neodymium magnet just like all other headphones. It has a diameter of 2in and is quite big in order to improve the sound quality. Due to the material used in making this headphone. It is lightweight and portable. The input of this headphone is 3.5mm, the most common in the market. The Bluetooth technology avoids wired connection, making your life easier. You can listen to device staying almost 30m away.
- Versatility: The headphones are wireless and easy to carry for the user. Due to its 3.5mm jack, it can connect to various devices ranging from smartphones, iPhones, laptops to iPods.
- Great Sound Quality: Its built is oriented in a way that improves and strengthens the sound quality. It is suitable for listening to a wide range of music from many genres.
- Excellent Customer Service: Skullcandy provides the best service and is always ready to help their customers. Their contact details are available on their website. With guarantee, they provide their customers with quality services.
- Reasonable Price: Skullcandy Hesh 2 Bluetooth headphones are one of the best wireless headphones under 100 dollars. This is the best deal one can get within that price range.
- Not waterproof: The Skullcandy headphones are not waterproof hence a bit of water can damage the piece.
- Brittle sound: For some music pieces like instrumental or classical, the sound maybe a bit too harsh or brittle.
Being the first of its kinds the Skullcandy Hesh 2 headphones have come into the market as a threat to all other headphones. These headphones have promising features that the user can exploit and enjoy music to its fullest. With all its pros and cons, these headphones will continue to rule the market.
If you are a music lover and you are searching for a good headphone for you then this Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphone can be a good option for you. The sound quality of this headphone is seriously the same that a music lover likes to listen. It is very lightweight and very comfortable to wear. It is a really the best budget headphones.
There are various features of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones which make it worth buying. The attenuation of noise provided by Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones is very large. Larger the attenuation of noise better is the headphones. The sound produced by these headphones is very accurate and linear. The cable of these headphones is single sided and tough. The earcups of these headphones is rotatable and foldable which leads to space saving carry and the earpads of these headphones are very soft which makes it comfortable to be worn.
- Compatibility: This Sennheiser HD 280 Pro is compatible with all devices, whether you have an MP3 or iPod or DVD or CD players. So, before buying you have no need to check whether it is compatible with your device or not.
- Parts are replaceable: Various parts of this headphone like ear pads or cable are user replaceable. So, there comes any issue in this then you have no need to completely change your headphones.
- Bass: Good Bass of this headphone makes it worth buying.
- Weight: The weight of this headphone is nearly half a kg, which makes it uncomfortable to wear for a long time.
- Cost of replacement: Although the parts of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones are replaceable, but the cost of replacement is really very high.
- Design: The design of this headphone is not very attractive. So, it is not for those who like to buy electronic devices which are good looking as well.
All things have their pros and cons, but you need to buy products according to your priorities. So, if features of this headphone are what you want in your headphones and the cons do not matter much in front of them, then you must go for Avantree Super Comfortable Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones.
Photive BTH3 Over-The-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are recommended to all the music fanatics that which to have an amazing experience. They have marked as one of the best over-ear bluetooth headphones under 100 dollars. Even with such low price, there is no compromise made on the quality. The headphones are accompanied with various features that will blow one’s mind.
These headphones are comfortable for users. The built is in such a way that the ear cups can rotate. Also, it has an adjustable headband, hence one can have a decent fit. They have a hard shell case, therefore, they stay protected. It also has a lithium-ion battery and can last up to 12 hours after charging. It gets charged very quickly. It has the 3.5 mm common audio-in jack that allows it to be used with a smartphone, laptop, iPod etc. The protective case can work as a shield which does not let any moisture in.
- Versatility: The Bluetooth technology makes it portable and viable in all fields. It is also lightweight and can be carried anywhere. It can be used almost 30 m away from the electronic device to which it is connected.
- Great Sound Quality: With its diaphragm built in the best way, the sound quality of the headphones is remarkable. All kinds of music can be heard, especially pop and rock.
- Excellent Customer Service: The customer service provided by the company are also very decent. It provides you with a guarantee and also a quality service in solving any problems. Repairs and replacements can be issued on contacting the customer service.
- Reasonable Price: Photive BTH3 Over-The-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are one of the great headphones under 100 dollars. This is the best deal one can get within that price range.
- Not very stylish: The Photive BTH3 due to its low budget in designing has a simple model and is not always the most attractive in its looks.
- Brittle sound: Not recommended for instrumental or classical music.
Photive BTH3 is gaining popularity in the headphones industry. It challenges its fellow companies by providing best of services with the lowest prices. Even with the low budget in designing this piece of headphone, they have not compromised on the sound quality. IT is recommended to purchase this piece of headphone.
Headphones Buying Guide 2017
Before presuming the whole discussion on the best ways to buy headphones, let us first focus attention on various types of headphones available, so that you can make a better decision.
These are the most basic and portable ones. Each ear bud fits in your ear canal and is covered with a driver. These headphones are most famous because of their small-size and lightweight. These are the cheapest kinds and are the best headphones under 100. They are made for the extreme basic purpose.
They are much bigger in size than in-ears and sit on your ear. Though they are not as portable as in-ears, yet they take pride in being much more comfortable and safe than ears.
Though safe and doesn’t pin your ear while using, they are not ideal for places with extreme outside noise cause they cannot cancel out noise.
The ear cups of these are capable of surrounding your ear fullness. Due to which they are ideal for home use. Though they are not very handy due to their size, but their sound clarity, bass response and noise cancellation make these full-size headphones so popular.
As the name suggests, they give you freedom from those nested wires and roaming resistance. These cable-free are usually Bluetooth. Though it has its advantage still sound clarity isn’t as good as wired ones.
Noise isolation headphones are different from noise cancellation. These headphones block outside noise by creating a seal around your ear to keep the music in and other noises out. They are much cheaper that noise cancelling ones, though not as effective in ruling out noise.
These headphones are specifically for the gaming generation. These headphones are specialized in enhancing sound quality of various aspects of games. These enrich the game with its much clearer sound and bass quality. They add the thrill to the game. In spite of the many advantages, these might not be a good choice for listening to music and entertainment purpose as they aren’t usually pocket-friendly. Also, they are specialized for gaming purposes and not for soft music enhancements.